Transportation Permits

Oversize/Overweight Vehicles

Santa Cruz County issues Transportation Permits for oversized or overweight loads in the unincorporated areas of the County. The permit may be obtained by submitting your Caltrans Permit, proof of insurance showing Santa Cruz County additionally insured, and an application, to the email address on the application. While the State may not require pilot cars for the highways, many of our local roads are narrow and may require the assistance of pilot cars. We do not typically allow permits during hours of darkness, weekends, or holidays. 

Transportation Permit Application (Oversize/Overweight Vehicles)

Caltrans Transportation Permits (Oversize/Overweight Vehicles) website

Transportation Closure and Delay Resources

Santa Cruz County Road Closure List - DPW County closures and delays only

Cruz511 - View closures/delays for DPW County, Caltrans, accidents and traffic